home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > FOR SALE & WANTED > 106 Rallyes for Sale

106 Rallyes for Sale This is the No.1 place in the world to sell your 106 Rallye

Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
Baryonyx
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
[SOLVED] S2 Indigo 106 Rallye for sale

Afternoon,

I'm considering selling my 106 Rallye. It's starting to feel like the wrong car for me, given that I mainly use it now for getting to work and back and if I were going out for fun, I'd rather be on a motorbike. It's a bit stiff for my commute, which is mainly dual carriageway based these days, and it's a bit small for my needs too.

I bought the car in February 2013, needing to downsize my car for work reasons (that reason being, my previous car wouldn't fit in the car park at work). The previous owner, a lad from Dumfries, had bought the car in 1999 from Peugeot, where it had served 2000 miles as a demonstrator. It had been off road throughout the winters, mainly because I doubt he could have got it back up the steep concrete drive to the farm he lives on if he took it off in bad weather!

I bought it with 116,000 miles on it, now at 124,000 miles. In the past year, it's had:

* A new catalytic converter (for the MOT, which expires in May, I think)
* A new exhaust made up at Advanced Automotive Systems in Newcastle (put on the waiting list in approximately March 2013, fitted in June or July 2013)
* Service and cambelt changed at Robins and Day Peugeot Newcastle in October 2013
* Four new Yokohama A539 tyres fitted in January 2014

The car is in very good condition, with a very clean shell. It's been washed every week, and hosed down at work even more frequently. It also comes with four spare Michelin Sport steel wheels fitted with Bridgestone Potenzas (not new by any stretch, but with good useable tread - never had them fitted though did think of using them for winter wheels). The paint could do with a small touch up to cover a scratch on the driver's door and there is a small dent in the front N/S wing. That may pop up if you've got a dentman style suction tool, it's not deep and the paint and lacquer are unblemished. The only running issue I've encountered was an intermittent misfire which occurred at the start of January. I bought a new fuel filter, meaning to change it to see if that cured the misfire but it didn't come back, so I'll supply the fuel filter with the car. I'm a fairly unskilled home mechanic anyway!

So, it's a clean and unmodified 8v S2 Rallye, about as close to 'as Peugeot intended' as you can find these days. I'd like 2400 ONO for it, or a straight trade for a decent Mercedes S Class (W140, preferably) or a Jaguar XJ. If I do sell it, that is likely what will end up on the drive instead! The car is in Northumberland, about 20 minutes from the A1 North at Newcastle Upon Tyne and about five minutes from the A69.

In response to a query, the tax runs out at the end of April 2014 (I think, will confirm tomorrow). The MOT expires 09/05/2014. The fail sheet consisted of handbrake effort and emissions; the handbrake was adjusted to pass and the catalytic converter was replaced to fix the emissions issue. I told the garage to take care of the advisory issues raised (rear brake imbalance and worn front discs and pads). The rear brakes were balanced and the front discs and pads were replaced. All in, I think the MOT was around 300 or so.

Testing out my new phone camera today:

Last edited by Baryonyx; 16-02-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Baryonyx

User Gallery
Price drop in light of recent idling issue. I think its the ICV as it's idling at around 1200rpm when cold on occasion before settling down as it warms. However, I'm no home mechanic so I'm not confident in fixing it myself. And due to having commitments requiring me to cart work kit around, I'm often having to use the wife's car for commuting. So I'll ask 1800 ONO for it and see where that takes us.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Dan_2629

User Gallery
Still got the rallye if so got a contact number please? Cheers Dan
Old 30-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Baryonyx

User Gallery
Dan, I've PM'd you back some details. A lad has been in touch about seeing this, but as always, until it's sold new inquiries are always welcome.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
Baryonyx

User Gallery
Any interest at 1800?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Gunscrossed

User Gallery
I've got a nice W126 420SE if it's of any interest?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
I would think a w126 will be a touch old for Baryonyx, IIRC a D2 A8 and an E38 are previous barges.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
Gunscrossed

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I would think a w126 will be a touch old for Baryonyx, IIRC a D2 A8 and an E38 are previous barges.
OK thanks.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
Baryonyx

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post

Just the A8, Harv. Though I wouldn't say no to an E38 or a W140. We'll see what summer brings, along with the motorbikes!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #10
Gunscrossed

User Gallery
Sold my E38 740i earlier this year, the W126 is nicer imo,
Old 08-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #11
Baryonyx

User Gallery
It is a thing of beauty. After my 4.2 A8, I promised a downsize to smaller 6 cylinders (or even...a stinking diesel like the W220 320CDi!). I do more miles now, though that will be offset from the fuel savings offered by a sports bike.

The most likely option will be another Volvo S60! Though that W126 does make a gentleman hot under the collar...!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #12
Gunscrossed

User Gallery
Lol, The offer is there!
Old 18-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #13
Andrew-Ralston
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
This still for sale?
Old 20-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #14
Baryonyx

User Gallery
It is, but I'm in the Lake District with it this weekend so I might not get back to this thread before Tuesday now!
Old 21-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
Andrew-Ralston
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Don't worry a mate texted me asking to spear you about it as he isn't a member ;-)

I'll pass it on too him
Closed Thread