home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > East Midlands > East Midlands Members Cars

Old 18-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
RallyeDom
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
Lineo444's rallye blog

ok so as most of you know i have bought my first rallye after going from my easy to see vtr,
my rallye is from previous owner on here "andrew R"

1994 s1 106 rallye in bianca white,

i bought the car is 84445 miles on it, it is totally standard all bar the stereo and speakers, but i have the originals still.
the first thing i did was put a supersprint 4-2-1 and a 2" pugsport which transformed the driving experience.
the body work is very good for a 14 year old car, just has its minor dents and the odd scratch, the paint work is crying out for a machine polish though but still in good condition.
i have many plans for this car such as refurb the steelies, bucket seats, but as i am at uni i am more concerned with general mantainence.

today i washed it and hoovered, also removed the rear seats and seat belts.

so far i am chuffed to bits!
so i went from this,

to this

as i was washing the car i noticed the rear wiper was a tad rusty so off it came and out came the paint!

it also came with a free stonechip and dent

now the rest are just pictures i have taken

another dent

Last edited by RallyeDom; 03-04-2009 at 04:53 PM.
RallyeDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #2
profile_bmx

User Gallery
I love this car dom, its feels more solid than my Gti yet its like 8 years older haha Hmmm...

Sponsered by:

D.Lines + T.Holbrook Racing

Amazing personal mechanics:)
profile_bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
RallyeDom

User Gallery
yesterday i bought some paint to sort the arches, but i got a tad carried away,
arches off

the damage

it was pretty clean under the arch

but out came the bucket and spounge

around the holes the paint was bubbling slightly it wasnt that bad and i could have left it but i thought while everything is off why not, so flatted it back and put kurust on them ready to paint.

more updates to come.
Old 22-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Louis

User Gallery
I love the way you take your time to sort out all the tiny bits that people don't notice on their own until its so mint it amazes them I know for a fact this car will be one of the most mint on the forum within a years time
Old 09-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
RallyeDom

User Gallery
iv not been on here for quite a while my blog that is.. i have some pictures to update...
the next thing i did was give it a machine polish. it took roughly 6 hours and made a hell of a differnce!!

you can see from roudn the pug sticker what colour it was before and after,,

next job was to lower it.. i used eibach -45mm springs..
i have no pictures of the lowering sequence and i have no pics on flat ground for some reason?!?!
but for now here are a few lowered.

i took the semtex approach for a while

yes it is a show plate i currenlty have two plates.. (dont ask)

most recent change is a new bucket seat.. now i tried somthing different one www.rallydesign.co.uk i took a risk and ordered one of their non fia *ultimate protection* seats it is a copy of a sparco pro 2000, 116 later and 1 day waiting it arrived and i was impressed.. fibre glass shell seat with a nice material on it like a sparco seat.. it even came with side mounts and bolts!! so in it went i will get some pictures up later on as it was dark by the time i had finished putting it in.. i only bought one as student finances dont allow for any more at the moment.. i dont use the car that much at uni so 1 seat will do untill future date..
you can just see it in this picture

Last edited by RallyeDom; 29-07-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
profile_bmx

User Gallery
Awsome progress dom, get another seat and some billies on the go

Then a cheeky 16v motor out your dad vts :O.. He'll never notice if we swap.. doesnt drive it quick anyway! :O lol

Sponsered by:

Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
80WYA
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
should have moved the numberplate to the lower part of the bumper :P

lookin really nice mind

Last edited by 80WYA; 09-11-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
80WYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
Louis

User Gallery
Looking wicked mate. Get some more pictures of that seat up! did it come with 106 mounts?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
RallyeDom

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80WYA View Post
should have moved the numberplate to the lower part of the bumper :P

lookin really nice mind
i tried putting it there but it curves slighlty so everytime tried it just creased and had MASSIVE bubbles in it i got too annoyed lol

the seat came with the universal side mounts.. to get them to fit i bought some OMP L-shapes from profile_bmx which he had lying around which were originally from M.yates....

they went in pretty easy apart fomr you have to extend the L-shapes as they do not match up with the pugeot holes not long enough.. so i used some 400x60x5 mm steel to extend them.

ill go take a pic and post it up but its been pissing down with rain so not had a chance to hoover the car out
Old 09-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #10
80WYA

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineo444 View Post
i tried putting it there but it curves slighlty so everytime tried it just creased and had MASSIVE bubbles in it i got too annoyed lol
dont use a sticky numberplate then

doing something simular on my 205... ill keep you posted
Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
RallyeDom

User Gallery
Pciture of the seat.. i had a bit of water on the lens so if there are any marks its water i swear

Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
L787 JJX

User Gallery
Lovely car pal much better than the saxo. Last time i saw ur saxo was on the way to french car show was in my mates black fiesta as rallye was bust as usual lol.
L787 JJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #13
RallyeDom

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L787 JJX View Post
Lovely car pal much better than the saxo. Last time i saw ur saxo was on the way to french car show was in my mates black fiesta as rallye was bust as usual lol.
were you in front of us on the way into FCS for quite a while?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #14
80WYA

User Gallery
omp wrc?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #15
RallyeDom

User Gallery
matt... what?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #16
80WYA

User Gallery
the seat... ?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #17
freddy6868
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER & SOUTH WALES GROUP LEADER

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80WYA View Post
the seat... ?

Nope.....
now i tried somthing different one www.rallydesign.co.uk i took a risk and ordered one of their non fia *ultimate protection* seats it is a copy of a sparco pro 2000, 116 later and 1 day waiting it arrived and i was impressed.. fibre glass shell seat with a nice material on it like a sparco seat.. it even came with side mounts and bolts!!
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Engine:[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="1"]C2 VTS JP4 engine, JP4 cam covers, J4 cams, followers, valve springs and caps, Lightened flywheel, Pug racing gear linkages, heat wrapped 4-2-1 raceland manifold, 2" decat pugsport system, Pugsport group N engine mounts, powerflex exhaust mounts, 106 GTI airbox with K&N pannel filter, standard,S2 gearbox, [B]153bhp @ 7,310rpm 112ft/lbs @ 6,739rpm[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Interior:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Standard interior apart from Sparco Evo bucket seats, Sabbelt 3" 6 point harnesses[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Body:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Brand new S1 vinals all round, red FG bonnet[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Chassis:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Poly bushed diesel spec wishbones, lowered on Gaz coilovers on the front adjustable height -40mm-90mm, S1 rear beam poly bushed and lowered 45mm with Rear Gaz rear dampers, S2 steelies,[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Brakes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Front brakes:Godspeed brake set up consisting of Brembo Max disks (on order), standard calipers and mintex 1155 pads with braided flexi pipes. Rear brakes: standard S1 drums and shoes with goodridge flexi pipes[/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]SEX, PUGS AND ROCK 'N' ROLL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
freddy6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
80WYA

User Gallery
fair enough didnt see that bit.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
RallyeDom

User Gallery
today i went for a drive i ended up in the peak district some really good roads up there i took my camera witht he intention of having soem nice pics but got too carrid away with driving such good roads. only got a few pics but i havecome to realise my caera skill suck! so do my photoshop skills tonight too so only a couple to show with a bit of photoshop playing in there.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #20
Nick_Christy

User Gallery
the first and last pictures are wicked... i want to be able to keep my car in colour and the background black and white how you done that??
Nick_Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #21
L787 JJX

User Gallery
lineo444

yeah i was its a 1.2 fiesta black with a cammed 1.6 16v in it suprises a few lol. Your rallye looks great always wanted a white 1

Last edited by L787 JJX; 15-11-2008 at 07:00 PM.
L787 JJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #22
reed 5410

User Gallery
realy realy nice car, the s1 looks at its best in white, well jealous
reed 5410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #23
RallyeDom

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Christy View Post
the first and last pictures are wicked... i want to be able to keep my car in colour and the background black and white how you done that??
photoshop! lol

cheers for the comments

well this wekend i decided to change my cambelt which could have gone smoother.. started it friday.. all was going well untill it started snowing on me and it got dark in a matter of minutes so i soon sacked it off for saturday so with no wheel on my car and no cam belt on friday night it was anight in for me. saturday came around put the cam belt back on, turned it over by hand was fine both positions went back to the marked places to i started it up for it to sound like a van so quickly switching it off i shat my self and turned it over by hand and it locked you could hear the piston hitting the valves and would not turn over any more. NOT good after an hour of head scratching i took the belt off turned the crank round turned the cam round and with the cam moved slightly i could move the crank easily with out it locking so i lined it all back up again at TDC put the belt back on tensioned it ect turned it over by hand nice and easy.. started it up and it was fine.. so NO idea what happend but i dont care as it works fine now and no horrible noises or anything.. iv done over 100 miles on it now and its all dandy.
Old 25-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #24
80WYA

User Gallery
could have been nasty dom. id do a compression test just to be sure mate.
Old 26-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #25
HuddRallye

User Gallery
Are the first and last photos castle hill? And are the middle ones down Holmemoss?
HuddRallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #26
Jimmers

User Gallery
Hey up mate, cracking shots, wouldn't mind going for a photo drive sometime, if you're up for it, I'm living in central Derby at the minute, know of a few good country roads with good scenery... let me know
Jimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #27
RallyeDom

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth.Eyre View Post
Are the first and last photos castle hill? And are the middle ones down Holmemoss?
indeed you are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Hey up mate, cracking shots, wouldn't mind going for a photo drive sometime, if you're up for it, I'm living in central Derby at the minute, know of a few good country roads with good scenery... let me know
yeah deffinetly!
Old 26-11-2008, 03:18 AM   #28
Jimmers

User Gallery
Replied to PM, but jsut realised, bar the colour of the bucket seat, and the numberplates, our cars are almost identical!
Jimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #29
RallyeDom

User Gallery
mines newer
Old 04-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #30
RallyeDom

User Gallery
little bit of cold ASW

so not really a progress update this time just took some pictures.. it was VERY VERY cold and i kept shakign and becasue i have left my tripod back at home i was using rocks and the road to steady the camera but it was so cold i was shivvering that much that all became blurry..

Old 07-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #31
80WYA

User Gallery
lmao at the last pic...

lookin good tho dom mate

Last edited by 80WYA; 07-12-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #32
ra**ye
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
where do you get thos sticky number plates from? really like the look of that? nice rallye by the way!
ra**ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #33
RallyeDom

User Gallery
it was an ebay job! the company was called abgraphicdesigns or abgraphics.com they were really fast i ordered it at about half 10 on a monday night and it was in my hands by wednesday morning.
Old 31-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #34
RallyeDom

User Gallery
ok so update..

been busy today braved the cold well just.. yesterday it passed its mot but not before me changing the wheel cylinder on the rear near side wheel which also involved a new brake pipe and fixings.. but all was well in the end.

so today i changed the rear brake shoes and bled to whole system with new brake fluid much better now.. but the rears now lock up "D'oh"
but some pics to follow..

inside of wheels at start of cleaning stage

the weather got too cold to scrub them so just a clean for now.
treated her to some new shiny spark plugs

a few changes
removed the bonnet sticker as PC PLOD gave me a 30 fixed penalty for it a while back
BEFORE

AFTER

nice shiny wheels bolts ready for paint

and a few under arches and general pics

all pics are taken on the phone hence sh**e quality.

Last edited by RallyeDom; 31-01-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #35
Sam B

User Gallery Car Blog
Minter, can the police actually give you a 30 fine for one of those stickers then, i though they where legal? did you have the standard one on 2?
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #36
RallyeDom

User Gallery
no i didnt have the standard one on at the time.. its because it isnt vertical and near on horizontal i reckon i would have been alright if it was on the botom of the bumper but its hard to stick one on there without bubbles in it and creases.

Last edited by RallyeDom; 10-02-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: for all you init people!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #37
profile_bmx

User Gallery
Quote:
init

Haha

Loookin niiiiice dom

Sponsered by:

Last edited by profile_bmx; 01-02-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #38
RallyeDom

User Gallery
when did i say init? lol
Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #39
Louis

User Gallery
Quote:
without bubbles init
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #40
philmh
YORKSHIRE GROUP LEADER

User Gallery Car Blog
very nice car mate, gotta love white s1's
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #41
slyrpug

User Gallery
Its a beaut Dom, well tidy! Will have to arrange summet with Mr Bingslag for a meet up.
slyrpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #42
RallyeDom

User Gallery
update

well i bought a set of spax adjustable shocks for the car.. not my first choice but they were at a price i couldnt say no too...

so a few pics.. again the rallye is BACK up on axel stands..

got too dirty after to take pictures..
Old 21-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #43
profile_bmx

User Gallery
AND dropped the rear another 12 mm

Sponsered by:

Old 21-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #44
RallyeDom

User Gallery
oh yeah and that..
Old 13-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #45
RallyeDom

User Gallery
i bought a set of the group N engine mounts from bakerBM last week fitted them and they arnt as violent as i first though. alot stiffer then powerflex, the gear change is incredible now, but not good for motorway use!!! i bought these ones

and a thanks to tomH for his vise clamping efforts which we needed to get the lower mount in!

and profile_bmx for helping (and sheering a bolt)

Last edited by RallyeDom; 13-03-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #46
Aleksandr
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER #2

User Gallery Car Blog
Are those new plugs Bosch Super 4's or something like that? I had them for a while and the car kept stuttering and hesitating. Didn't seem to work to well with the 8v

Car looks great by the way! Love the stick on plate

Spending too much money on small french hatchbacks since 2007...
Aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #47
RallyeDom

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponk View Post
Are those new plugs Bosch Super 4's or something like that? I had them for a while and the car kept stuttering and hesitating. Didn't seem to work to well with the 8v

Car looks great by the way! Love the stick on plate
the ones i took out were ngk irodium or somethign like that which are good plugs, but i just replaced with standard ngk plugs as its not a high performance engine so oe plugs are fine.
i had super 4's in my saxo and they were just ok. couldnt tell any difference what so ever.
Old 16-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #48
profile_bmx

User Gallery
Quote:
and profile_bmx for helping (and sheering a bolt)
Haha that was ur fault for puttin the wrong size torq on and tellin me to tighten it haha!

Sponsered by:

Old 27-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #49
RallyeDom

User Gallery
for my track day today i aquired a set of wheels form TomH a pair of 306 steelies with tyres.. they were rusty and knackered! and though meh not good enough!! so..........

and a little bit of this

to this!

no prep required.. spray straight on to rust! whey!!
Old 27-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #50
Aleksandr
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER #2

User Gallery Car Blog
I actually hate you! I've been planning to spray my track steelies that colour, that's if I can find some in time. First Louis gets orange wheels, then you get green ones, i'm running out of colours!

Spending too much money on small french hatchbacks since 2007...
Aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote