home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > East Midlands > East Midlands Members Cars

Old 07-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #51
bendee
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers mate. Yeah it wasn't too grippy and when I did start to find grip the fueling issue arose. Then there's the fact your car is a hell of alot better set up than mine and I'm sure as shit not good enough to race lol.

Decided to remove the power steering yesterday which probably wasn't the greatest idea as I have donington next weekend. If anyone wants to come help do feel free to pm me for my address and pop round lol
bendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #52
Timberland

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendee View Post
Cheers mate. Yeah it wasn't too grippy and when I did start to find grip the fueling issue arose. Then there's the fact your car is a hell of alot better set up than mine and I'm sure as shit not good enough to race lol.

Decided to remove the power steering yesterday which probably wasn't the greatest idea as I have donington next weekend. If anyone wants to come help do feel free to pm me for my address and pop round lol
All you need are some Ledas! Oo, wait a minute, I know where there are some? Lol
No power steering is definitely the way forward. When are you at Donnington?
Old 07-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #53
craigyt

User Gallery
Quote:

you doing the javelin trackday at donington on the 15th?
craigyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #54
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
haha id love the ledas but ive got other things on my mind atm, trumpets.

yeah im at donington on the 15th in the rallye providing i can actually get it back together on time lol
Old 08-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #55
craigyt

User Gallery
Small world, im there aswel but il be in the corsa vxr! If i see you about il come over for a chinwag as im in 2 minds on what to do with my rallye so will probs be lookin for inspiration!!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #56
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Yeah defo mate ill keep a look out for you too.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #57
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
haha id love the ledas but ive got other things on my mind atm, trumpets.

yeah im at donington on the 15th in the rallye providing i can actually get it back together on time lol
You'll get more benefit from a good chassis then ITB's, especially with the stickier rubber.
- Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
- Seat Supercopa
indigorallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #58
Mankee
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
You can't beat the ITB bark though!
Mankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #59
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
My suspension isn't bad not like I'm running a standard set up. I'd love both but Clio needs to sell before I can think about itbs.
Old 17-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #60
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
In preparation for Donington i decided i wanted to remove the power steering to improve how the car drove/felt and obviously save some weight.
After a while of trying to wiggle this out it was a massive relief to see it.

It wasn't such a bad job just tight on space, the car felt a million times better to drive and so much more alive. with alot more feedback through the wheel. defiantly recommended.

Whilst i was down there i made up a heater matrix bypass hose as i plan to remove the matrix in future and whilst i had the space i thought id do it now.
I also stuck in a smaller hose to act as a resistor to avoid the car over heating.

In a attempt to solve the fuel surge a 255 in tank pump was bought this has seemed to cure the problem as my fuelling at Donington was spot on, although when fitting it i managed to snap the little fuel level sender panel so i had no idea how much fuel i used or how low i ran the car.

I also bought some impact sockets for the wheels a torque wrench so i know im not over tightening the wheel bolts.

I was now ready for donington the weather looked hit and miss but over all i couldn't complain when it did rain i was in the garage and only experienced a light shower once.
The day started slippery, getting heat into the tyres was hard work and the first hour on track was great fun when the car got out of shape.
After the first hour it dried nicely and i started to get some decent laps in with my confidence in the car growing, the track drying and all the time really getting to grips with the car i felt rather quick. (i was probably quite slow lol)
The morning went fine, the last stint before dinner i had my mum out with me shes never been the type who was into cars but she jumped at the chance to come out, which i was surprised about.
Luckily she loved it and had a grin on her face as big as mine.
A lap before we went in the car felt a little unstable and felt to be pulling right so we jumped into the pits for a check up.
Loose rear wishbone mounts where thought to be the problem and found my cv boot had again fallen off. so i re packed the uj joint and tightened the mounts and we thought it was ready for the afternoon.
we joined the cue for the track and went to pull out the car pulled to the right alot worse than before so i got it back to the garage and it was making a horrid noise. another check over showed the uj joint bearings to be shot probably due to be ran dry from the morning sessions and strangely a calliper rubbing on the top of the disk. *sigh*
A phone call to the local motor factors showed they only had one drive shaft and it wasnt the the right one we shot to mine picked a spare and got back to the track. the car ended up sorted and driving better than ever but it was too late. if i found the problem before dinner id of had a hour left but i didn't lesson learnt and luckily not a totally wasted day. still great fun all in all.

Some pics my dad took..

the grin on my mums face lol
Old 17-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #61
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Great stuff mate sounds like a good day out, shame about that shaft but least you got some decent laps in eh. Nice photos too looks like a good mix of cars there.
LukeS1Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #62
Timberland

User Gallery
Can't wait to get back on track this season!
Looks like you had a great day. You'll be building one of them there Tin Tops before you know it!
ARDS test here we come? ��
Old 19-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #63
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Lol not quite yet but something I'd love to do. I had a couple people come check the car out and ask if I planed on racing it as it went pretty well. I can't see myself being competitive atm as I'm guessing when it comes to racing its a hole different kettle of fish.
Old 19-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #64
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Here's the vids from Donington. the best session i had i had a mate out with me thats tall and all you can see is helmet so unfortunately so ive not bothered with putting that up. i defo need a better camera position when i have passengers.

and one of me in the clio before Christmas. unfortunately the vids from cadwell are useless i had the go pro settings wrong so when they play on the computer they jump and freeze.

Last edited by bendee; 20-04-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 14-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #65
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Well some recent updates after the drive shaft issue at donington i ordered some gripper shafts.
they feel like decent quality items

id been eyeing up some ledas for a while and finally went through with buying them. hopefully these should help improve the car on track.
bilsteins and ledas

One of the bearings didnt look to good so had it replaced.

I decided more weight needed to go so out came the dash heater matrix and lots of loom.

i picked up some s2 steels with fresh powder coat caps and bolts for a bargain 80 quid i may stick some tyres on and use them for road use and sell the turinis or wait till the a048s are dead and use them as the track wheel. unsure atm tho.

a couple of the car now. seems the ledas have added camber.

to fit the ledas the track rod ends needed to be swapped from either side. i guessed the tracking and it turned out for the second time in my life i got it spot on and no adjustments where needed.

im looking at booking mallory next friday and blyton the week after if anyone was thinking of going.
Old 20-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #66
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Probably about time i did a update, things have happened that ive forgot about but ive mostly been using it.

The last time i updated this i was looking at booking mallory, in the end i went stuck all my kit in the rallye and went. had a blast the car was awesome all day long. i did start feeling i needed a diff. other than that it was spot on.

Did some grass cutting chasing a vxr out of gerrards

Loaded up for the trip home

ill upload the vid of mallory later.

I knew at some point i was going to have to buy a trailer i couldn't do this every time i had a track day. luckily i found a bargain trailer and went to stick a deposit on it before anyone else could snatch it away.

luckily i have just about enough room to keep it at home.

I needed a tow car so i had to sell the clio, gutted i loved that car. found a mondeo in ghia spec years mot 2 owners and 91k for 980 bargain! but boring.

Id noticed the mintex pads i had have worn wonky and they never performed well at all, so i replaced them with carbon lorraine rc6 pads and theyre incredible.

With having a trailer and the tow car i was asked to do blyton with a few old mates so got that booked and went for a drive.
The pads were awesome but boiled the fluid within 15 mins, back to the pits and i ripped the air feed and fog light blanks out in a effort to get some cold air to the brakes.
It did the trick and the brakes where fine for the rest of the day.
New fluid will be in order for the future.
the morning session went well apart from boiling the fluid, when it came to the afternoon i had gearbox troubles, selecting gears became hard work. everything was checked over and the only thing we could see it could be was the box it self. a new box with a quaife has been sourced so should be picking that up next weekend.
the vid from blyton, ive not included any of the afternoon as i was only able to use 3rd and 4th

http://youtu.be/BJ-GFl_xCok

Last edited by bendee; 20-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 20-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #67
Mankee

User Gallery
I've got the exact same trailer as you! I don't have the long ramps though. I modified mine by fitting a low-level tyre rack and fuel can box from a Clubman, as they are the same width. They do hold their value well though, but parts from Brian James are mental money.
Mankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #68
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
I can imagine parts arnt cheap. I got this for 700 so don't mind too much if parts need replacing. It's done 1.5k since it was new in 2002 and cost over 2k with the extras. It tows great tho. I've been thinking about the tyre rack but unsure if I actually need one I can fit tyres in the rallye or the back of mondeo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALJBNEGE2SA

and the vid of mallory

Last edited by bendee; 20-04-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #69
FletchJ7
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
This car looks great, and looks like it goes even better.

Building myself a s2 bianca track car with a 16v

Next time your at a trackday give me a little notice, would like to come and have a chat..... if mine turns out half as good as this has done ill be very happy

Also could you measure from the floor to the jacking points front and rear for me as it sits exactly how i would like mine.

cheers

Fletch
FletchJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #70
Wayne D
IRISH REGIONAL LEADER

User Gallery
Great built, fair play.

The Clio looks massive is this shot. lol
Old 29-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #71
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers guys. Fletch I'll try and do that over the weekend when my new box goes in. And I'll normally put in here about what I have planned nothing yet tho I've again spent a good few quid on it getting it ready for it's next outing.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #72
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
update time. ive always got little ideas running around in my head with the car. ideas that might be daft or ones that may actually work.
one was a bumper chop, id seen it done before and thought why the hell not. i gave the bumper a trim and it didnt seem to bad.

Then i thought lets try it a little more extreme, might look a little daft but the idea is to reduce drag, i know ill never create any real down force with a diffuser but i may give it a go making one to improve the look.

Now the front end previously looked like this,

The smaller oil cooler had been fine but id started to get a leak from a fitting (probably just needed tightening up) so i replaced it with a new cooler, 13 row this time.

Coupled with a slimline fan hopefully for better cooling and also its lighter

Whilst i was at it i gave the slam panel more of a trim, if you cant tell im now on a mission to same as much weight as possible.
Before

After

whilst at blyton the box went or so i thought, so i managed to find a vtr box with a quaife which was much needed. whipped it off in 48 minutes, not bad going i didnt think. and whilst it was off i decided to check the clutch. good job i did....

feck luckily i have a spare.

The flywheel didnt look the best so whipped it off nipped to Constella and Rob advised a skim and whilst i was there asked about a little lightening and balancing.

Looks like the flywheel bolts took a battering

I should have the flywheel back next week and ill probably have it built back up over the weekend.

Whilst the lower mount was off i stuck in the smaller nylon bush i didnt do it previously to save some time on the build. it only took 5 mins.

Made a few little purchases also. some bumper mounts to save undoing the two 10mm bolts so itll be a 2 second job to remove the bumper.

And some gearbox oil

Ill have some more updates soon enough.
Old 20-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #73
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Bit of a update, a car i had previously had my eye on for the engine came up for sale again and this time i had to have it. i only wanted the engine, it isnt too special but spot on for what i need.
The engine had previously been sorted with a new head gasket, individual jenveys, jenvey filter, injectors, 708s and a emerald ecu. good for 160bhp and some rather nice noises.

On the Sunday i collected the car, had a rather scary moment on the m25 where a ramp decided to leave the trailer and skid along the inside lane at 60mph. thankfully no one hurt and easily retrieved. thinking what could of happened was very scary.

Id arrived home at 4pm and by 9 the engine was out and the old one out the rallye was put in, sunday morning came and the car was pieced back together.
a few pics taken and up for sale Sunday night. by Tuesday it had sold for 1600 meaning the engine and a few other goodies had cost me 800 all in. bargain!

Onto the Rallye, the car was ready for the engine to be dropped in but firstly i wanted to check a few things over.
first thing i noticed was the incredibly poor inlet manifold gasket. shocking!

I replaced it, i wonder how much power that would of sapped?

Next i got Rob at Constella to knock me up a sump baffle kit, i thought as it was easy to get to now with the manifold off and engine on a crane i might as well of.

The manifold stud's and nuts where all replaced. the only ones where a bit rusty.

Next i decided the loom needed looking at, when the conversion was done they just snipped the wires they didn't need, it was a little untidy so i stripped the loom right back.
i found 3 lambda sensors, two in the manifold not plugged in and one tapped up and plugged into the loom. weird.
just some of the unused wires.

I managed to keep hold of the newer radiator from the gti and its silicone hoses. much nicer than the old tattered ones i previously had. i also bought a heater matrix bypass hose off ebay, again much better than the home made jobby i previously had.

By the end of today i had the loom loosely connected just to check it would fire up with all the wires id removed. i want to mount it in the car so will look at what to do with that.

Old 20-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #74
mattrallye

User Gallery Car Blog
Good work mate!

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
info@trackspec.co.uk
www.trackspec.co.uk
mattrallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #75
bengt40

User Gallery
Just scanning through your blog, the car looks great by the way. I've just carried out a 16v conversion and noticed those wires you removed with the main relay attached.

Bit random but would you be wanting to get rid of that connector/wires? I ask because the loom that came with my car was butchered around the relay and i cant seem to find just that connector block with half decent wires. Other ones i have found have been the wrong pin/wire layout.
Not sure if yours would even be the correct one but thought it was worth asking. PM me if so please.

Thanks
Ben
Old 24-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #76
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
What relay exactly are you after? Any pics I normally save them just incase so may still have it.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #77
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
back with another update. i got the back box mounted to how i wanted it, i had planned on using some flexi pipe to join the center section and back box but its not worked too good at all, and looks utter toss. so ill need to get a small peice made up to connect the two.

i managed to sort the loom after two attempts, i was running it a different route to how it was previously built so took some time.
ive mounted the ecu inside the car for a couple reasons, to avoid damage that may occur in the engine bay and to neated the bay up. i do like the ecu and fuseboxless engine bays.
there is a few things id like to do in the future. a custom loom, no doubt theres alot of things that can be removed and neatened up.

some pics

and a couple of poor ones of the car.

ive not gone into a massive amount of detail, theres been alot of little bits and bobs going on to get it to this stage.

after my first drive it felt nice and quick but the temp kept rising it was from not being able to bleed it properly with the bypass hose. i was a little worried it may have been due to the water not flowing through the rad and taking the easiest way around via the bypass hose but checking the header tank it would of been needing a good top up.
any tips on bleeding the system properly with the bypass hose?
Old 08-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #78
craigyt

User Gallery
Get some one to blow down the header tank and bleed in a clockwise direction, dust cap, thermostat housing then radiator!!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #79
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Ahh I didn't realise there was a place to bleed it on the thermostat housing?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #80
mattrallye

User Gallery Car Blog
Yes mate, there's an Allen bolt in the thermostat housing.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
info@trackspec.co.uk
www.trackspec.co.uk
mattrallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #81
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
A few little updates..

I found some new wheels up for sale locally with a048s so went and picked them up so i had a couple sets of wheels. look a little better imo. im still undecided if ill stay with 14s cheap used 13s and 15s are very tempting.

And sadly the cars tax was up so i took it for its last drive before it became sorn.
the cars just fantastic with the bodies and diff.
(steels on the rear because they had more tread)

ive had some of tommys steering arms for about a month and finally got around to fitting them.

Last weekend i got bored and decided to get handy with a grinder.

this left it a little flexible and still to heavy so a drunken ebay session left me with a single skin fiberglass bonnet from spoox ordered. much lighter but still a little flixible.

i also picked up a 180 degree fuel line fitting and some new teflon braided hose to replace whats currently on the car. (bulkhead to fuel rail)
and more aero catches for the fiberglass boot i also ordered these along with polcarbs that are currently being made for me should see the car a few kg lighter.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #82
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Back with another update, a few days of fitting new bits and painting bits has left the car looking pretty good imo.

I had my polycarb window kit turn up from templar motorsport. Its a decent kit and pretty cool having the black border, certainly makes fitting it neater.

Id fitted the new fuel line and 180 degree fitting, its much better than previous.

I got the boot through the post, it wasnt the best quality but thats not a problem. All that matters is its nice and light. 5kg if i remember correctly.
i fitted the polycarb window and the aero catches and made some tabs up.

The panel gaps where interesting lol

I got the front windows in and gutted the doors, saved a nice bit of weight here.

I just need to make some kind of door latch.
Next i gutted the front lights so basically its just the lense and a black trim that bolts up to the body. i gave them a lick of paint and its reacted leaving the finish poor. Im unsure if ill keep them black i may go white.

The other day i fitted my new steering arms and this meant it needed tracking so i ordered a track ace kit for future use. it should pay for itself soon enough.
I set it up and its slightly out

You can see its toeing in quite abit.

Some final pics of the boot and bonnet fitted and painted along with the polycarbs.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #83
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Old 04-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #84
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
Daft question, but how did you 'gut' the lights?

- Seat Supercopa
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #85
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
basically took a grinder with a thin disk to then theres 3 mounting points just cut around them. just the lense and the frame is really light. i had considered making some fibreglass lights but theres no point with how light these are. ill put some pics up when i come to paint them again.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #86
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers pal.

- Seat Supercopa
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 AM   #87
leeds_182

User Gallery
Hardcore.
leeds_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #88
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
A few recent updates.

Firstly i painted the lights, the black was just to see how it looked and i wasn't keen so went with bianca white. a little better imo.

And a better pic of how ive chopped them up, i could of done a neater job.

Ive had a few ideas of what i want to do with the exterior and its looks/aero bits etc and mocked up a splitter/airdamn.

I liked the look and after speaking to a mate about his and how i needed it to be i had it planned out.

The car now having tommys steering arms needed the wheel pointing in the right direction.

With that all done it drove great. i cant wait for Donington now.

Unfortunately my jack died. id had mine for about 9 years and its been spot on so choosing a replacement was easy enough.

With my plan for the splitter made up i started on making the first bit up. now the splitter needs to be made removable so i can get it on my trailer so i need to do some thinking before making it up. here is what ive made so far.

Ive needed a steering wheel spacer for some time now and bite the bullet and splashed out on a omp spacer.

With me having a single skin fiberglass bonnet now and it needing to be completely removed when needing access to the engine bay i needed a solution to the washer jets. i came up with this.

I gave the rockers a lick of hammerite, the colour is better but the finish is shocking lol. ive been waiting for the satchell rocker covers for ages, they need to hurry up lol

And finally i needed a way to open the door and came up with this.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #89
leeds_182

User Gallery
Great updates.
leeds_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #90
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
What is wrong with the jack?

Get those patches removed out of the door skin.

Love the rest
Keep it up

- Seat Supercopa
Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #91
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
A thread stripped meaning when you turn the handle it just kept spinning so you couldn't jack it up. It could probably be fixed so if it can I'll use it as a second jack rather than my main one.

I'll give them patches a go tomorrow see if I can save a little more weight.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #92
gav_h
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Just lost an hour reading this lol
Looks great, really inspiring
gav_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #93
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
cheers guys, if anyone knows of similar builds im looking for some inspiration ive pretty much done what i wanted to do now. days off will be boring with nothing to fiddle with lol.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #94
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Its been a while since ive updated this, not too much has happened i got the car to a point of being ready for a track day at Donington so it was just a matter of waiting for the day.
a couple of bits i got done before Donington was jp4 covers, i got them cheap and replaced them for the god awful standard hammerite painted covers.

and the holes in the wings needed to go, but i dodnt want to just replace them, i believe the idea is right so went for the idea of spacing the wings out. abit of cutting welding and some filler later i had a gap.

and you can see the space in the shots of the car from the pfc indoor expo. i was the only rallye register member to take a car. a shame as i was hoping to have a nosey around a few cars.
a couple images borrowed from other people but most are mine.

ended up with some pixie boots as ybracing had some decent savings to be had.

Then it was a case of waiting a week for the track day, excited wasnt the word, it had been 6 months since blyton and all the work done since has lead to this.
on the siting lap it was evident something needed to happen with the bonnet it was very unstable and just flapped about even at 50-60mph
once the bonnet was sorted i went out for some sessions the car felt great and i just picked the pace up throughout the day. it felt awesome the diff felt great and the noise was pretty special. i did end up with a stonking headache tho.
pace wise the car felt handy when i had picked the pace up i was only over taken once from what i remember and that was a seriously quick escort cosworth.
some really handy looking cars help me up quite abit which shocked me i was never really pushing the car massively from what you can see in the vid but it still went well.
i was saying to a mate mines a relatively usual spec engine wise etc that ive just kinda thrown together so id love to have a pop in something thats been properly developed.
heres a few pics and a vid.

The bonnet fix

and the video
http://youtu.be/iL-UR6UWbG8

Last edited by bendee; 02-11-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #95
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
I did oulton at the weekend what a cracking track, the conditions where slippy to say the least tho. ive never been on a track thats been so slippy it made things interesting. id love to go back when its dry for some proper laps.

The day didnt go without faults tho, when i put the wets on with the rallye steels the brake fluid boiled just as it did at blyton. luckily theres a shop at the circuit so i was able to buy some decent stuff and get the brakes re bled. they felt awesome after.

The steering arms kept coming loose ive found them to be abit of a nightmare tbh tightening them up is hard work. think they need some loctite on them

other than that the bonnet reinforcement worked and the car felt quick.

Heres some pics and a couple of vids.

http://youtu.be/0cBOZGktEPY

http://youtu.be/o9YuLmSUm4Y
Old 19-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #96
matt_w

User Gallery
I love how purposeful this car looks. Looks jeffing quick too!
matt_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #97
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
A brief update with whats been going on recently, not much to update but ill do one anyway.

Firstly for Christmas and my 30th my parents bought me a welder. it was about time i learnt.

So i had to crack on heres my first 6 welds

I didn't feel like i was doing too bad i was really enjoying it it might not be #weldporn but we all start somewhere.

Early jan a custom cages cage came up for sale, i had to have it.

This meant cutting the safety devices mounts out, this left the floor looking ugly and in need of repair.

I wanted to get rid of the bulky bit on the exhaust tunnel so i cut out the seat mounts and drilled the spot welds out.

Then i decided to have a go at my first shell repair. it isn't pretty but it was quite hard as when grinding the floor flat it made already thin metal thinner. it'll tidy up well enough tho.

Ive got no end to do with this shell. it'll need the engine out so i can go ahead with all my plans. my only issue is the rust. it isn't the best shell. perfect for my previous attitude of i don't care if its pretty i just want to drive it. now i want it all looking nice the car will have full paint so id like to do it with a rust free shell.
if anyone knows of a decent shell that's up for sale let me know id defiantly be interested.

And lastly before Christmas i had a slight accident, i rear ended a jcb after attempting a overtake and him making a turn with no warning. i got on the breaks and he stopped dead in the middle of the road to watch me struggle to stop in time.
this is how it ended up.

I really have no luck with black cars. ive now crashed a black 172 a black mk1 clio hybrid and now this my last black car ever.

It was a good car just had no power so i repaired and sold it.
It was a replaced by this a Volvo s60 2.4 petrol plenty of power well built and all the toyd id need.

The build of the rallye will no doubt be a slow one. ive had this week off and got as couple holes patched up due to poor weather. but im looking forward to putting my ideas into action, hopefully it'll be slightly different.

Now im off to enjoy the rest of my 30th birthday
Old 29-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #98
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
Happy birthday, and nice tow barge

- Seat Supercopa
Old 30-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #99
bendee

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers mate. I've received a lot of stick for it so far..
Old 30-01-2015, 09:53 AM   #100
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
You are asking for it tbh!
Turn 30 and then buy a Volvo! Old before your time

- Seat Supercopa