home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > East Midlands > East Midlands Members Cars

Old 30-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #101
bendee
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery Car Blog
But it's the most powerful car I've ever owned the first with a turbo the first over 2ltrs and the first 5 cylinder I've had. It's a mixture of sensible and powerful.
bendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #102
megasquirtII tu5jp4
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Wink 106

106 great car to engineer a legend
megasquirtII tu5jp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #103
bendee
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery Car Blog
Well i never really finished this off so ill give it a go now.
Whilst i was sorting the shell ready for the cage i started to wonder if this shell was the right one to proceed with. It wasn't tidy had a lot of rust and was just in abit of a sorry state, not really something i wanted to be investing any real time and effort into.
this meant a re shell and that was alot more effort than i wanted to be going through with a track car, this left me wondering what was the best route for me to take with it.
in the end i decided to split the car for parts, a truly heart breaking task i properly enjoyed every last minute i spent driving this car. it wasnt the best 106 ever and im far from the best driver but together we went pretty well even with the little issues i seemed to encounter with it.

Most of the parts have now sold with only one or two bits left. I get a lot of grief off of friends for getting rid after everything but i think i made the right decision. i could build another anytime.

after selling up i bought some pics of the track day camera man for keep sakes, the tracks are Donington and Oulton. heres the pics i was left with.

i suppose thats the end of the thread in terms of pictures etc. its been a pleasure
bendee is offline   Reply With Quote