home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > South Wales > South Wales Members Cars

Old 26-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
freddy6868
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER & SOUTH WALES GROUP LEADER

User Gallery Car Blog
My Red S1 Rallye Blog *153BHP Nurburgring 10minute lap, video now added!*

Well i thought it was about time i put a blog up about my rallye. I bought the car of my mate Dan (Welsh Dan) he bought it just before christmas put it on the road and for unseen circumstances he had to sell it to me. I bought it off him about the 20th of January and it stayed down his untill i got insurance on the 1st of feb at that date it only had about 71,500miles on it which i think is very low for a 1994 car. Here are a few pictures of when dan had it in early January.

In the picture below it had the rear wiper and no decals.

Checked all the fluid levels because the car had been sitting a year before Dan had it

The carpet was stinking when i got it because dan just wanted it MOT'd and running and it had no head unit fitted :-(

Dan decieded he wanted it striped out and caged

but he didnt get time or money to put a cage in so it now has the full interior in more practical for me.

Last edited by freddy6868; 19-05-2010 at 04:11 PM.
freddy6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
80WYA
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
want me to add the pics of us doin your gearbox?
80WYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80WYA View Post
want me to add the pics of us doin your gearbox?
I bought the S1 with an s2 engine and box that Ben godney and his father put in but when i got the car... the syncros had gone.. in second... but after some mileage i couldnt get it into second gear... and then the third syncro started to crunch on its way in.. and also fith.. anyway.. since my mates garage was full... Bow (80wya) came over my house and we took the gearbox out in my back lane..

so anyway... Bows tools source ( his dad lol) is much better than mine.. he trekked across the mountains with daddys tools in the back of his saxo...

up the valley to nant-y-moel (via blackmill to pick me up from my girl freinds on the way)

so heres were i left it for 10days...

then we got our matching "GE" overalls on and cracked on with it starting about 12ish on the 27/03/2008...

Started by getting the front wheels off the blocks of wood and onto some axle stands to get more room under the car

Doesn't look to healthy does it?

So thats where my syncros went, doh

the oil looked like it had been put in when the car was new (the S2 that is as it has an S2 gearbox)

anyway by this time Bow didn't have a chance to take much more pics..

we supported the engine and gearbox with 2 trolly jacks...and some wood... took the wheels off... took the ball joints off the bottom of the arms... slid the drive shafts out of the way... etc..

undid all the mountings... undid all the bolts and wiggled the fucker off its dowels... we got it off eventually bit of trouble as it was stuck on the drivers side driveshaft... but... that was.. after I undid all the bolts....

There was alot of swearing, shouting and kicking but after all that out came the box YAY

Just a few more pictures now

Bow had to get a picture of his car in aswell check his number plate.

Knew i seen a monster truck rallye before carl done it.

That is how the rallye was left for 10days but with the bonnet closed oviously

Then on 05/05/2008 i took my car over to see Bow yet again to change the pasanger side driveshaft and wheel bearing. Having great trouble with the driveshaft nut on the hub, we shouted on Bow's fathers advice and he decided to drill through the nut to make it wider if you get what i mean.so after removing the driveshft and putting the new one in. We removed the whole suspention leg to try and remove the old bearing BUT we couldnt get the outer race out of the hub even know the ball bearings and inner races just fell apart.
So we took it into college the next day and used the 60tonne hydraulic press to press out the old bearing, press the new one in and then putting the clip in the hub to hold the bearing in so the bearing wouldnt be pushed out when the hub got pressed in.Last but not least we pressed the hub into the bearing.job done fitted the leg on the car, filled the gearbox up and tightened everything up.Jobs a good un. I haven't got any pics of this but im sure bow has if he would put them up for me i would be greatful.

Here are a few picture of my car in college the other day since the last photos it has been de-wipered and the boot decals have been put on.It needs the side stripes when i can afford it. In the pictures the car has done 77,000miles

If you would all post up your honest opinion of what you think of my car, like things to add/take off to make it better ect.
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Engine:[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="1"]C2 VTS JP4 engine, JP4 cam covers, J4 cams, followers, valve springs and caps, Lightened flywheel, Pug racing gear linkages, heat wrapped 4-2-1 raceland manifold, 2" decat pugsport system, Pugsport group N engine mounts, powerflex exhaust mounts, 106 GTI airbox with K&N pannel filter, standard,S2 gearbox, [B]153bhp @ 7,310rpm 112ft/lbs @ 6,739rpm[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Interior:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Standard interior apart from Sparco Evo bucket seats, Sabbelt 3" 6 point harnesses[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Body:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Brand new S1 vinals all round, red FG bonnet[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Chassis:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Poly bushed diesel spec wishbones, lowered on Gaz coilovers on the front adjustable height -40mm-90mm, S1 rear beam poly bushed and lowered 45mm with Rear Gaz rear dampers, S2 steelies,[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Brakes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Front brakes:Godspeed brake set up consisting of Brembo Max disks (on order), standard calipers and mintex 1155 pads with braided flexi pipes. Rear brakes: standard S1 drums and shoes with goodridge flexi pipes[/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]SEX, PUGS AND ROCK 'N' ROLL[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Last edited by freddy6868; 26-05-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
80WYA

User Gallery
"daddys tools" - only 3 things was his.. out of like 50.. Oo
Old 26-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
Rich P

User Gallery
Looks nice apart from needing decals.
Was this Danny`s old car.
Rich P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
80WYA

User Gallery
it was one of his hundreds
Old 27-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
curl666
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery Car Blog
Yo mofo

Cars looking good, hurry up n get some decals!

Fibreglass bonnet could be yours for 200
curl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by curl666 View Post
Yo mofo

Cars looking good, hurry up n get some decals!

Fibreglass bonnet could be yours for 200
s i know mechanical stuff to be done tho.and the awnser to the FG bonnet first word begins with F second is OFF lol i seen how much you bought it for!!!!!
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Engine:[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="1"]C2 VTS JP4 engine, JP4 cam covers, J4 cams, followers, valve springs and caps, Lightened flywheel, Pug racing gear linkages, heat wrapped 4-2-1 raceland manifold, 2" decat pugsport system, Pugsport group N engine mounts, powerflex exhaust mounts, 106 GTI airbox with K&N pannel filter, standard,S2 gearbox, [B]153bhp @ 7,310rpm 112ft/lbs @ 6,739rpm[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Interior:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Standard interior apart from Sparco Evo bucket seats, Sabbelt 3" 6 point harnesses[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Body:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Brand new S1 vinals all round, red FG bonnet[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Chassis:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Poly bushed diesel spec wishbones, lowered on Gaz coilovers on the front adjustable height -40mm-90mm, S1 rear beam poly bushed and lowered 45mm with Rear Gaz rear dampers, S2 steelies,[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Brakes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Front brakes:Godspeed brake set up consisting of Brembo Max disks (on order), standard calipers and mintex 1155 pads with braided flexi pipes. Rear brakes: standard S1 drums and shoes with goodridge flexi pipes[/SIZE]

Old 27-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
Had to add on some to cover the petrol costs

Yeah I had always planned a fibreglass bonnet further down the line, but seeing as the SRD reinforced jobbie came up at a decent price, i had to get it

I've spotted you a few times now, driving through the back lanes over bridgend area, passed you by that house, on the hump bridge with the peacocks
Old 28-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Had to add on some to cover the petrol costs

Yeah I had always planned a fibreglass bonnet further down the line, but seeing as the SRD reinforced jobbie came up at a decent price, i had to get it

I've spotted you a few times now, driving through the back lanes over bridgend area, passed you by that house, on the hump bridge with the peacocks
What?In your black XSI?Let me know what your driving so i can look out 4 u.

Just found out something tonight my car is on the internet for 80,000 pounds!NAH when me and Bow took the gearbox out of my car the house behind was having the pictures for the sale on the net.My mother was looking at local houses for sale and found my car :-)

A picture taken when Bow took them

Last edited by freddy6868; 28-05-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
A little update just put my new rubber on the steelies 185/55/14 Toyo "Proxes" CF1's the milege on the rallye is 77,980 see how long they last.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #12
semtex
106 RR MEMBER & MODERATOR & BABYMAKER

User Gallery
posts deleted boys, if your going to have a slanging match do it on pm or even in real life, now leave freddys blog for blogging or what ever it is and stop the argueing
Old 22-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Another small up date recieved my group A engine mount kit on 20/06/2008. Fitted them on the 21/06/2008 the milage was 78,980. I didnt fit the lower group A mount as i all ready have the Group N one there.All in all it took me and my brother with minimal tools about an hour.Took it for a quick spin and it feels so much better in every way, the gear changes are much more positive.Brilliant, no engine movement what so ever, i will try and post some pictures up of the old ones they were in a shocking state.

Old 22-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
So whats next for the rallye?

You seem to be spending a fair bit on it! I cant wait for some cash for group A mounts for mine! Although prehaps I will wait to see how bad these vibrate the car first!

You get much vibration in your car with the mounts?
Old 22-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Well i didn't fit the lower group A one because when i took the box out i put a lower group N one in so it's basically a group N kit there is some vibration but the improvements are so good i don't mind abit of vibration.I didn't tell the GF i had changed them and she couldn't feel the vibration they caused so it can't be that bad?BUT I'v heard putting the group A bottom mount on the s1's can rip the mounting off the bottom of the car.I'v got to spend money on it to keep it on the road lol.Next is top strut mounts because the car was sitting for a year all the rubber stuff is fooked apart from the door and window seals.All most finished replacing the ruuber bits.Then on Friday i'm collecting a raceland four branch.Next month i will need a GTI rear axle and i'll make some group A bushes to locate the axle sod powerflex aluminium with stainless steel inserts will be better ha.More hard core too.

Old 29-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Little update STILL no pictures :-( but the top mounts where replaced on the 25/06/2008 when the mileage was 79,218.Stopped most of the clunking up front but i was told the track rod ends really need done and the brake pads.

So i went to the motor factors on the 27th when i got payed bought brake pads,outer track rod ends and a head to manifold gasket.Then went to carls to pick up my raceland four branch, a steal for 80 quid in perfect condition and only two months old. On the Staurday 28/06/2008 got up with a slight hang over and decided i wanted to work on my car.So fitted the brake pads (easy) 20min job, track rod ends (even easier) then i got round to fitting the four branch wasn't too hard but i had to take the fan off the radiator.Soaked the manifold nuts in 3in1 oil.Tried to undo the nuts and they undone a treat.Gettin the original manifold off was tricky so i decieded to use a crowbar to prise it off gentally so i didn't damage my radiator.When it came to fitting the four branch i replaced the exhaust gaskets and i had to cut two of the studs holding the manifold on and the springs where the manifold meets the pugsport because of the thicker flanges. I also heat wrapped it which was a horrible job,but i done it on a budget so opted for stainless steel wire instead of the expensive heat wrap clamps

The mileage on the car on the 28/06/2008 when everything was fitted was 79,377.I took the car for a quick spin and the manifold makes so much difference the power is much smoother, you can feel it pulling hard from 3.5k then it starts pulling really hard at 4.5k right to about 6.8k.Brilliant bolt on mod couldn't beleive the power difference.

Last edited by freddy6868; 03-01-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #17
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
A picture speaks a 1000 words...

Get some up!

Bet the pugsport sounds nicer now with a 4-2-1 manifold!
Old 29-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
haven't really heard it apart from when i'm driving the car all the boys up with me say it sounds nicer but i don't trust them to take it for a spin on thier own so i can hear it out side lol.It pulls like a train running on nuclear power now love it!LOL

Old 29-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #19
Nathan Morris

User Gallery
Hey big spender!!!!!
Nathan Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #20
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Morris View Post
Hey big spender!!!!!
well is a pug they love having money spent on them but most the time i have been spending on it to fix it but i thought i'll make it faster this month lol

Old 29-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
Nathan Morris

User Gallery
come on then whats nxt for it???
Nathan Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Morris View Post
come on then whats nxt for it???
GTI axle dropped 40mm and im going to make some group A axle bushes in work,and the rest is an undecided secret ;-) It's all about the induction then.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #23
Sam B

User Gallery Car Blog
looks good. you fitted the mud flaps yet?
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #24
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam B View Post
looks good. you fitted the mud flaps yet?
Yeah fitted them and ripped one off lol they are dragging and slagging going to bolt the drivers side one back on tomorrow i've had a long week so couldn't be bothered today i will try and get pictures of them on soon,this blog does need more pictures .Just for my records the car done 80,000miles on the 09/07/08.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #25
Sam B

User Gallery Car Blog
yer make sure they are fixed back tight or they will do that lol
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #26
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Right some pictures because pictures say a 1000 words (so i've been told) me and my girlfriend (becci) when round the valley looking for good places to take some pictures.Can you see the nice new mud flaps aswell?it's not much of a change but every little helps.I would like to know what everyone thinks of the pictures unless it is about the poor quality of the pics lol they were taken on a phone.For my records the date the pictures were taken was 14/07/08 and the cars millage was 80,451miles.

Old 16-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #27
ben godney
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
thats the most shocking camera ever lol
ben godney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #28
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben godney View Post
thats the most shocking camera ever lol
Thanks Ben for the positiveness

Old 16-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #29
80WYA

User Gallery
is that the one she bought for a tenner?

duuuuude you need a camrea!

and my first impressions were you spun it into a hedge till i realised you parked up LOL

some quality locations!

made them bushes yet? lol
Old 16-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #30
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
aluminium aquired hehe 1 bush down 3 to go i'll get the liguid nitrogen on the go then to freeze in the stainless steel bolt inserts.and bex bust her camera so she took them on her fone.

Old 16-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #31
kiwi

User Gallery
Nice set of pallets!

Quality AN Fittings for Fuel/Oil.
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #32
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Nice set of pallets!
THANKS for ALLLL the positive feed back guys!And kiwi i was going to just take pictures of the pallets but i thought i'd put the rallye infront of them see if anyone noticed

Old 16-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #33
80WYA

User Gallery
kiwi has a soft spot for large bits of wood
Old 16-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #34
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
yeah when he's rallying he seams to think they are like bowling pins hit them all down watching the barbed wire ;-)

Old 30-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #35
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
ANOTHER SMALL update for my records really just changed the engine oil and filter the date 30/07/2008 and the mileage was 81,312.Should be getting a GTI axle within the next two weeks so there will be a write up and pictures of the axle being removed and the group A bushes and the axle being fitted.

Old 30-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #36
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
Yo mofo,

About time you got some photographs up, if I was pissed they would probably appear in perfect focus When the XSi is up n running, i shall be out and about with my camera if you want some photos too!

I got that XSi Anti Roll Bar up here, in need of a clean up but you can have it for free, just to get some junk out of the way! Got 2 bushes, and a spare set of bolts and plates for it!

I didnt think about asking you to machine down those spacers, if im having trouble I will drop you a pm!

How much would a set of these "Grp A" Mounts cost me? Would they fit a drum rear beam?

Just noticed you have done nearly 1000miles in 2 weeks, rallye seems to be holding up!
Old 30-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #37
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Yo mofo,

About time you got some photographs up, if I was pissed they would probably appear in perfect focus When the XSi is up n running, i shall be out and about with my camera if you want some photos too!

I got that XSi Anti Roll Bar up here, in need of a clean up but you can have it for free, just to get some junk out of the way! Got 2 bushes, and a spare set of bolts and plates for it!

I didnt think about asking you to machine down those spacers, if im having trouble I will drop you a pm!

How much would a set of these "Grp A" Mounts cost me? Would they fit a drum rear beam?

Just noticed you have done nearly 1000miles in 2 weeks, rallye seems to be holding up!
LOL they are quite shocking but bex done her best with the camera.yeah some better quality pics would be better lol.you can stretch the XSI's legs abit see what it goes like

sounds good and i am in need of one lol.I will miss being sideways on three wheels now and again tho.

yeah no probs man thats the sort of stuff we do in work apart from repair and modify aircraft parts instead

Well if you can get a solid aluminium bar 2 1/2" OD (Outside Diameter) and 15" in length i'll sort the SS (Stainless Steel) inserts out and we'll call it a favour They will fit any pug axle the only difference in the S1 and S2 axle bushes are the holes in the middle which are M10 clearance holes in the S1 bushes and M12 clearance holes in the S2 bushes.

Fook me sideways!!!!!!WHAT mileage i didn't even reliese!!I have done 10,000miles in the car since Febuary the 1st which is a shame really because she was a low mileage car. BUT they are there to be used,fixed,fixed and used again.The rallye is going ok tho fair play shes ploughing up the motorway 60miles a day at a steady pace of 60mph hehe.Stupid fuel prices!!!

Last edited by freddy6868; 30-07-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 30-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #38
80WYA

User Gallery
lol i live half maybe even a third of the distance and im car sharing... savin half the dosh!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #39
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80WYA View Post
lol i live half maybe even a third of the distance and im car sharing... savin half the dosh!
no worries lol

YET ANOTHER SMALL update and I WILL have pictures of this soon.I have now removed the crap and hanging cone filter the car came with and put the standard airbox on with a brand new standard filter eliment on the 04/08/08 when it was put on the mileage was 81,489.

Ordered the side stripes today from peugoet as a present off my parents for my birthday today and i should have them by thurday so i'll have pictures of before and after they go on.Also i want to spray my bonnet a different colour, i was thinking gloss black or matt black also been thinking of white what does everyone think?suggestions please

Last edited by freddy6868; 03-01-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #40
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
As far as spraying your bonnet are you mad!

Thats a rallye cherry red s1 bonnet, they are not easy to come by!

If you want to change the bonnet, there should be plenty available on ebay and up the local scrap yards. That way you could just swap back.

I was up the scrap yard on saturday there was a white and also a green s1 bonnet

Why not get a fibreglass one
Old 05-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #41
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
I cant find a reinforced fiberglass bonnet for love nor money and when i do i'm skint.You want to sell your black one?lol

Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #42
80WYA

User Gallery
i told you earlier about that lol...

and ffs keep it red.. it would just look like u crashed the fucker and couldnt afford the paint!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #43
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
The black one will be for sale once the fibreglass one has been fitted, although i have provisionally sold it already!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #44
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Too me????lol

Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Rallye is now a hell of alot louder and lighter due to a kid being a dick!!! drivers side window is now smashed have a look in the link below.

My mam will be droping me off in my bros little eco warrior (lillac 106 1.1 ha) how good will me and Liam (the boy i give a lift to work) look turning up in that!!
It's being sorted first thing saturday morning so i'll be over a little bit later than planned Curl.
http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2...ad.php?t=55638

Last edited by freddy6868; 03-01-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #46
80WYA

User Gallery
lmfao i take it liam will me walkin up the hill cus a 1.1 106 wont pull his muscles up there!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #47
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
Well the little eco warrior is lovely and quiet doing 75mph up the motorway stunning little car 2 lady owners from new FSH 80,000miles on the clock now my bro is going to ruin it lol its a shame really.Shame about the colour too. Little picture of it.

this car now looks like this!

Last edited by freddy6868; 25-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #48
80WYA

User Gallery
dunno about eco warrior, my sisters 106 1.1 is shite on fuel lol
Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #49
freddy6868

User Gallery Car Blog
well she is a lead foot like me most prob an shes slaming it down the gears cos her brakes dont work or do they now?But my mam is driving this come on now it's bound to be just sipping the juice

Last edited by freddy6868; 09-08-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #50
80WYA

User Gallery
nah i think its just fucked lol